Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Real Estate
September 19th, 2022
When assessing your overall wealth-building portfolio, you may have stocks, bonds, and 401k accounts that rely on the stock market’s fluctuations. Successful long-term strategies include more than just a familiarity with the whims of Wall Street. Savvy investors diversify enough to offset losses in different sectors. Often, they turn to commercial real estate in Jackson, MS, and other viable options through a qualified brokerage firm to ensure greater success.
FAQs about Commercial Real Estate Investments and Brokers
For those looking to expand their portfolio, a multitude of questions arise. Speaking with an experienced commercial real estate broker gives you better insight into a different investing world. They are qualified to assist you in finding excellent opportunities in this lucrative area. Here are answers to common questions raised about commercial property investments:
- What does a commercial real estate broker do, and do I need one? Your broker is a licensed professional that aids you with buying, selling, or leasing real estate properties. They have extensive knowledge of the market you want to invest in and can negotiate deals to best suit your needs and goals. They do this daily and understand the properties, sellers, and buyers. If you want better deals and fewer headaches, hire a trusted broker for commercial real estate in Jackson, MS.
- What questions should you ask a commercial broker? Finding a qualified agent may be the easy part. Finding one who you are comfortable working with is different. Here are a few questions to ask in your search for a prospective broker:
- What is their reputation for honesty, experience, and attention to detail?
- How large is the brokerage?
- What is their philosophy on communicating with clients?
- What kinds of licensures and certifications do the broker and brokerage have?
- What are the associated fees for their services?
- Do I need a commercial broker to look at properties? Not necessarily. You can view new locations via the Internet. However, gaining access to the building and seeing everything you want requires another party to be involved. Ideally, you would like your broker to assist you with this.
- What are some typical issues that arise in real estate transactions? Things can happen that hamper a smooth transaction, such as:
- Title defects
- Lender requirements
- Mechanics liens
- Zoning and land use issues
- Changes in the market
- Contamination from hazardous waste
Expand Your Portfolio with Help from an Experienced Commercial Brokerage
Invest in real estate confidently when you work with the dedicated brokers at The Estes Group. We partner with you to give you the best client experience with regular communication and an eye on the market. We are a full-service, boutique commercial real estate investment firm, aiding you with brokerage and transaction services, property management, investments and acquisitions, and more. Let’s sit down and discuss how we can best serve you.
Call us at 601-362-9633 or contact us online to discuss your goals for commercial real estate in Jackson, MS. We serve customers across Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee.