Expand Your Portfolio with Apartment Buildings for Sale in Louisiana
There is more to Louisiana than Mardi Gras and Creole cuisine. You will find a stable housing market waiting for you to take advantage of. This state has many benefits, including landlord-friendly laws, low property taxes, and a diverse economy. Before you begin your search for apartment buildings for sale in Louisiana, find a reputable broker to help you find the best opportunities for your investment dollars.
4 Reasons Louisiana is an Investor’s Dream
Avoid the regret of leaving an opportunity on the table. Consider these four reasons you should build out your portfolio with multifamily properties in Louisiana:
- Laws Friendly to Landlords: Investing within a state that protects land and landowners is a huge bonus. The courts have little tolerance for tenants who fail to pay their rent so that you may enjoy much lower eviction rates than tenant-friendly states. Additionally, there are no laws on rent control. While it’s wise to charge the market rate, you don’t have to be hindered if the market rate goes high.
- Property Taxes Are Low: The Pelican State is ranked 48th in property taxes. Only Hawaii and Alabama have lower property taxes. Depending on the age of the building, real estate can be expensive to maintain. Having lower taxes is a massive advantage to your finances.
- Diverse Economy:
- Energy – The oil industry employs more than 300,000 jobs. Another segment of the energy market are natural gas and coal along with some nuclear power stations.
- Timber – Louisiana is one of the country’s top timber producers of pine and other softwoods, which are harvested for wood pulp and plywood.
- Salt and more – It’s possible that your table salt came from Louisiana. They also produce quite a bit of sulfur, sand, gravel, and clay.
- Manufacturing – You may find many of your tenants employed by manufacturing companies related to lumber and wood products, transportation equipment and metal products, and processed foods.
- Transportation – The port of New Orleans is one of the country’s busiest when comparing seaborne freight volume, and Baton Rouge is vital for petroleum and chemical products, aluminum, and grains.
- Tourism – Some tenants may be employed by the many tourist attractions, such as the finest restaurants, Mardi Gras festivities, and the hunting and fishing segment.
- Consistent Investment Market: Louisiana may not have the same growth as some other states; but it’s also not hugely affected by economic fluctuations. Baton Rouge, in particular, maintained a stable housing market during the Great Recession.
Choose a Reliable Multifamily Property Investment Broker
Make the most of your investment funds. Choose to work with a reputable and established broker like The Estes Group. Our mission is to provide the best service by remaining investor-focused and providing income-producing opportunities. Work with us for all of your multifamily, retail, warehouse, and other commercial real estate needs.
We don’t stop at helping you acquire new properties. We assist with many additional services such as brokerage and transaction services, property and asset management, investments and acquisitions, development services, and court-appointed receiverships. Contact us today and let us help you reach your financial goals.
Call us at 601-362-9633 or contact us online to find quality multifamily investment properties, including apartment buildings for sale in Louisiana.