Evaluating Credentials of Commercial Property Management Companies
December 20th, 2021
Finding the right company to care for your property requires careful consideration. You want to ensure that they can handle the day-to-day operations of your real estate. Ideally, you want assurance of their capability to maximize the value of your assets when executing their duties while also reducing any risk. One way to know you’re heading in the right direction is to check out their credentials. Commercial property management companies with a strong track record are more likely to get much more for your investment dollar. They work with you to attain your goals, meaning you can rest easier knowing everything is being handled.
5 Credentials for Commercial Property Management Companies
When looking for a commercial property management firm, it’s beneficial if they already handle your leasing and they fit your property’s needs. Another area to consider is the credentials they hold. When you see one of the following credentials, you’re reassured of their expertise in managing your property:
- Certified Property Manager (CPM®): Having this designation means the professional serving you has a real estate sales license and a minimum of three years of experience before applying for the certification. CPM holders are experts in real estate management and generally hold high management positions in their companies. This credential is administered through the National Association of Realtors.
- Real Property Administrator (RPA®): This designation focuses on the operational side of real estate. Like the CPM designation, the applicants must have at least three years of experience. Additionally, applicants must complete a variety of courses, including how to maximize an asset’s income while minimizing risk. This credential is administered through the Building Owners and Managers Institute.
- Accredited Management Organization (AMO®): When you see this credential, it denotes a firm that has gone through rigorous training. They understand how to maximize value while minimizing risk and how to partner with you to achieve your desired goals. The designation requires one of the firm’s executives to be a CPM and is administered by the Institute of Real Estate Management.
- Service Organization Control (SOC 1®): Property management companies that choose this credential are dedicated to utilizing secure internal controls. This is confirmed by an external auditor and ensures that client financial data is kept safe, protecting the company and the owner.
- Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA®): Another credential issued by the Building Owners and Managers Institute, applicants must have three years of experience, as a stationary engineer or equivalent. Also, it must be at a property portfolio of at least 40,000 feet. The goal is to prove that the applicant can improve operations while also creating energy efficiencies, reducing costs, and enhancing the asset’s value.
Work with an Experienced Commercial Property Management Company
Choose a commercial property manager with the experience and credentials you deserve for your real estate portfolio. The Estes Group holds the coveted designation of Accredited Management Organization. We specialize in both commercial and investment real estate. We’re here to help you with investment properties for sale in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee. When you want a company dedicated to your success, look to us.
Call us at 601-362-9633 or contact us online to discuss your real estate goals with our knowledgeable and experienced commercial real estate brokers. We’ll help you find the best deal with commercial real estate investments throughout the Southeast.